When Lloyd initially called me and told me that he had accepted a gig at the Peabody for the
Heart Ball 2012, I wanted to hang up on him! Nerves, of all nerves (and, I'm meaning not his--mine!) How could we perform in front of all the cardiologists in town? I know my guys are good (meaning, Lloyd, GB, and bro Andy), but, what if I croak? Could I ever go to work again (that is, at my day job)? Slowly, after much encouragement, I got used to the idea. To prepare, we played out every chance we could. This included the Methodist University Hospital Tower Lobby, and the Azalea Room at The Parkview (which, by the way, we were told by some dwellers there that we were much too loud). Whatever the trouble of those practices, I'm still smiling today. This gig was one of the most exciting things I've ever done! And, we nailed it! (of course, I knew the guys would anyway....) We even had our own dressing room with our name on the door... living like gypsies in a palace.
No comments:
Post a Comment